Thursday, February 21, 2008

More news

Well, I'll start by saying that I DID make an effort to remove the Inet ActiveX control from MMOtel2, but, I couldn't. All the servers I tried (web servers) insisted on gzipping (or some other encode method) the entire HTTP request and I couldn't receive it from Winsock.
What does this mean?
It means that everybody has to install the All-In-One controls from the MMOtel2 main site. It also means that support is [possibly] cut off from Win98 and older versions of Windows. I MIGHT work with the all-in-one controls, but I haven't tested it yet. Somebody out there...?
Isn't there another alternative?
Well.....I could use API functions, but that would mean cutting off support for the aforementioned older systems indefinitely. Or I could create another master server, but how? I don't have another server running, and Google, to be honest, is probably most reliable.
Long story short: I'm not taking it out. It's simply too convenient. I might, however, distribute both installers AND zips for convenience.

No comments: