I just finished Pendragon 10: The Soldiers of Halla.
Finishing Pendragon was as bad as finishing Harry Potter for me. Certainly, Pendragon has nowhere near the following Harry has earned over the years, and I prefer the boy wizard to the boy warrior-leader-savior. (dang! that describes both, I guess.) But I have been reading Pendragon since I was very young, I began reading them about 3 years after Potter. They influenced my writing at the time (yes, when I was very young I thought myself a bit of an author.) And through the years, I've always looked forward to the next novel, though I've never read one on release day. Much has changed since I took my first trip through the flume. I've grown, and I barely know the person who introduced me to the books anymore. Just like with Harry, I've grown with Bobby.
Now I'll answer with the tricky question: Was I satisfied with the ending book?
Absolutely. I'll admit, there were installments in the series that I didn't like so well (Quillian Games...) but I think DJ MacHale made a fantastic ending. Even the epilogue, which was strangely parallel to JK Rowling's.
Few people will read this blog entry, and fewer people will probably like it, but I felt like I needed to express my mixed emotions, and to give props to Mr. MacHale for a wonderful ride all these years.
Hobey ho, let's go!
No comments:
Post a Comment