Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cleaning up after myself

Two weeks ago, I moved myself from my bedroom "office" to a dorm room at the University of Minnesota-Duluth to study Computer Science.
As all of you are aware (because I'm pretty sure there's only one person that regularly reads this blog), I have been a hacker for many years before beginning any formal training. I opened my Google account in October of 2007, as an eighth grader, and the first post to this blog was made on January 18th, 2008.

Since then, as a person I have changed a lot - the past year especially - and changes like that warrant changes to the blog. Over the next few days, I will be cleaning up the disorganized remnants of my old self from this blog, such as all the old pre-Twitter posts about short, meaningless things and posts that suffered from a lack of editing or quality. I will also be posting a Retrospective series on old projects I have done, because a lot of my old middle school Visual Basic projects were never published. I have been unable to find my old Visual Basic 6 installation CD, so unfortunately, this cannot happen.

It's pretty incredible to look back at the changes on the Internet since I started blogging, from YouTube to Blogger to Google itself. I've come a long way.
Post a Comment